Let your idea become Perfume’s MUSIC VIDEO
Perfume the Memorial（記念館）
Pixel Team Alim（略してPTA）
Perfume × Pixel Art
パフュレルワールド Perfume、パラレルワールドに飛ばされたってよ.ライブ前に大事件！Perfume が体当たりで突破！
School of Perfume! 文化祭 編
A tunnel of Challenger
*in no particular order
Listen to “Challenger” now!
To celebrate the release of Perfume’s first best album, Perfume The Best "P Cubed", Perfume will host a contest to create a music video of “Challenger,” the first song on the album, based on the ideas submitted by you.
This song was one of the first songs that connected Yasutaka Nakata and Perfume. Perfume wish to create a music video for this very special song with you.
Perfume members, video director Mr. Kazuaki Seki and Perfume staffs will be the judges and based on the idea of the grand prix winner, Mr. Seki will put the idea into shape and shoot a music video.
“When you think of “planning” for the video,
it might sound very difficult. But when we make music videos,
we simply imagine how we want to see Perfume and what we want to see in a video.
Please send us your dreams and passion by participating in this contest!”
Content of Submission
Plans and ideas for the music video of Perfume “Challenger”
*Multiple entries and team entries permitted.
*Videos must be all original and unpublished work.
Sample entry video
Rules and Regulations
1. Application of these Terms and Conditions of Entry to the Perfume “Challenger” Music Video Plan ContestThese Terms and Conditions of entry to the Perfume “Challenger” Music Video Plan Contest (these “Terms and Conditions”) are applicable with respect to the Perfume “Challenger” Music Video Plan Contest (the “Contest”) administered by Amuse Inc. (the “Company”). The Company might delegate tasks that are part of the administration of the Contest (including handling Contestant information and selecting the winner) to a business partner, a partner company, a subcontractor, or another third party that has executed a confidentiality agreement, and the Company and those third parties are collectively referred to as the “Secretariat.”
2. Entering the ContestAny person who would like to enter the Contest must fill in the necessary matters in the specified format set out on the official website of the Contest (http://www.perfume-web.jp/cam/challengercontest/) (the “Official Website”) and submit his or her idea for the Perfume Challenger music video in accordance with the matters to be noted on the Official Website and these Terms and Conditions. A person that has entered the Contest is hereinafter referred to as a “Contestant” and an idea submitted by a Contestant (including any attached files) is hereinafter referred to as a “Contest Idea.”
3. Consent to these Terms and ConditionsIt will be deemed that a Contestant has consented to these Terms and Conditions at the time he or she enters the Contest.
4. Selection Process- The Secretariat will verify each Contest Idea against the matters to be noted on the Official Website and these Terms and Conditions and it will perform document screening only of Contest Ideas where there is no breach. The document screening is an examination based only on the Contest Idea and no presentation will be made. - The Secretariat will separately notify each Contestant that has passed the document screening by email, and the Secretariat will announce the Contest Ideas that have passed the document screening on the Official Website at the end of October 2019. Contestants who have not passed the document screening will not be separately notified. - A Contestant who has passed the document screening may participate in the final screening. Each Contestant who participates in the final screening is to give a plan presentation by either attending the final screening meeting designated by the Company (scheduled to be in or near Tokyo) or by a method other than attending that meeting such as using Skype. Each Contestant is responsible for his or her transportation expenses to and from the final screening meeting, accommodation expenses, and all other expenses related to a method other than attending that meeting such as using Skype. Each Contestant that has passed the document screening will be separately informed by the Secretariat of other details regarding the final screening. - The Secretariat will separately notify the Contestant who has passed the final screening and announce the Contest Idea that has passed the final screening (Grand Prix) (the “Winning Work”) on the Official Website on November 29, 2019. Contestants who have not passed the final screening will not be separately notified.
5. Tour of the Filming Location by the Contestant who is Selected for the Grand PrixThe Contestant selected for the Grand Prix (the “Winner”) will have the right (but will not be obligated) to tour the location for the filming of the Perfume Challenger music video that has been chosen as the Winning Work. It is expected the filming location will be in or near Tokyo and filming is to take place during December 2019, but the location and timing of the filming are subject to change. If the Contestant of the Winning Work is a team comprising more than one person, the number of people allowed to tour the filming location will be limited to two people. The Company will pay for any transportation expenses to and from the filming location and reasonable necessary accommodation expenses (if the Contestant of the Winning Work is a team comprising more than one person, the transportation expenses and reasonably necessary accommodation expenses will be limited to expenses for two people) (if the address of the Winner is outside of Japan, the Company will also pay for transportation expenses from outside of Japan).
6. Prohibited Acts in the Contest and the Contest IdeaContestants are prohibited from conducting the following acts when entering the Contest and in the Contest Ideas. - Violating any law or regulation or aiding, soliciting, compelling, or encouraging such a violation - Putting an excessive load on the server of the Official Website - Interfering with the administration of the Official Website or conducting any act that the Secretariat judges to be inappropriate - Interfering with the use of the Official Website by another Contestant - Infringing the reputation, social credibility, privacy, likeness right, publicity right, copyright or other intellectual property right, or other right of another person (including any act prescribed by laws and regulations or recognized in a judicial precedent) - Conducting any act that constitutes slandering, intimidating, or harassing another Contestant - Using an expression regarding ethnicity, religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or any other matter that could lead to discrimination - Using any sexual, obscene, or violent expression or conducting any other act that is likely to cause excessive discomfort to people - Impersonating another person or organization by, for example, using the name of another person or the name of another company or organization - Conducting an act that is contrary to public policy - Conducting an act that is similar to any of the above acts
7. Contest ConditionsEach Contestant must satisfy the following conditions to enter the Contest. - The Contestant must not be in violation of any of the Prohibited Acts in the Contest and the Contest Idea listed in Item 6. - The Contestant must have acknowledged that the Winning Work might be used free of charge in press releases, newspapers, magazines, the Perfume official website, television, social media, video sites, websites, or in other publicity or promotions or in CDs, DVDs, goods, applications, or other products (if there is any rights holder other than the Contestant, the approval of that rights holder must have been obtained) - If the Contestant belongs to an entertainment agency or conducts talent activities, he or she must clearly indicate that in the specified format set out on the Official Website - The Contestant must comply with all other matters to be noted on the Official Website and these Terms and Conditions.
8. Matters to be Noted- Cancellation of an entry in the Contest will not be accepted. - The consent of a person with parental authority is necessary for a minor to enter the Contest. It will be deemed that the consent of a person with parental authority has been obtained when an application is made to enter the Contest. - The Secretariat will not be liable if any problem arises with a minor because the consent of a person with parental authority has not been obtained. Please make sure the consent of a person with parental authority has been obtained when applying to enter the Contest.
9. Disclaimer- The Secretariat will not be liable in any way for any direct or indirect damage that is caused by using the Official Website or if it is not possible to use the Official Website or by using a link on the Official Website or if it is not possible to use such a link. - The Secretariat will be exempt from any claim, action or other legal measures taken by a Contestant against the Secretariat if that Contestant or any other Contestant breaches any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. - The Secretariat will be exempt if there is any dispute with a Contestant regarding communications charges that arise from using the Official Website.
10. Use of Contestant Information- The Contestant consents to the fact that information regarding the Contestant (including all information registered as account information) will be used by the Secretariat in the Contest. Further, information regarding the Contestant will be used only to the extent necessary for application procedures and selection procedures in the Contest and that information will not be used for any other purpose. For details, see the website of Amuse Inc. (https://www.amuse.co.jp/policy/english_privacy.html). - The Winning Work, information regarding the Contestant who is the Winner (including his or her name, age, occupation, and school), and the likeness and voice of the Winner at the time of the tour of the filming location might be used free of charge in press releases, newspapers, magazines, the Perfume official website, television, social media, video sites, websites, or other publicity or promotions or in CDs, DVDs, goods, applications or other products, and that information, etc. will be handled as though the Contestant has consented to that use.
11. Changes to the Administration of the Official Website and these Terms and ConditionsThe contents of the Official Website and the contents of these Terms and Conditions might be changed at the discretion of the Secretariat without prior notice to the extent permitted by laws and regulations. In that case, it will be deemed that each Contestant has consented to the contents at the time of that change. The provision of services on the Official Website might be suspended or discontinued for any reason without prior notice.
12. Winning Work- The copyright in the Contest Idea (including the rights prescribed in Article 27 and Article 28 of the Copyright Act of Japan) and all other intellectual property rights in the Contest Idea will transfer free of charge to the Company without any regional or time restrictions at the time of the submission of the Contest Idea by the Contestant where the non-selection of the Contest Idea as the Winning Work is a condition subsequent. The Winner may not reproduce, distribute, transmit, copy, or otherwise use the Winning Work without the written approval of the Company. Further, the Winner may not exercise its moral right of author with respect to the Winning Work (including, without limitation, its right of attribution) even after the end of the Contest. - If a third party claims an infringement of rights or a copyright infringement, makes a claim for damages, or makes a similar claim with respect to a Contest Idea, the Contestant shall handle and resolve that claim at its own responsibility and expense and the Secretariat will not be liable whatsoever for that claim. Further, if the Secretariat incurs any damage as a result of any such dispute, the Contestant shall provide compensation for all of that damage (including reasonable attorney fees).
13. Screening- The Secretariat might contact the Contestant individually. - If the Secretariat cannot contact the Contestant because the email address in the application is invalid or because of another reason, that application might be voided. - If the Contestant cannot be contacted within a certain period after the announcement of a selection, the selection of that Contestant will be voided. - The Contestant might be asked to provide his or her driver’s license, passport, or another form of identification in order to confirm his or her identity. - The rights of a Contestant who has passed the document screening and the final screening (including, without limitation, the right to tour the filming location set out in Tour of the Filming Location by the Contestant who is Selected for the Grand Prix in Section 5) are valid only for the Contestant and may not be transferred to a third party. - The judgement of whether a Contest Idea is in violation of the Contest Conditions in Section 7 is at the absolute discretion of the Secretariat, and any objection to such a judgment will not be accepted and any inquiry about the contents of such a decision will not be accepted. Further, any inquiry about the reasons for a selection will not be accepted.
14. PrizeThe Winner will be awarded a prize in addition to the right to tour the filming location set out in Tour of the Filming Location by the Contestant who is Selected for the Grand Prix in Section 5.
15. Governing Law, Jurisdiction, and Controlling LanguageThese Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Japan and the Tokyo District Court is the court of first instance with exclusive jurisdiction. The Official Website and these Terms and Conditions are in the Japanese language and are to be interpreted only in the Japanese language. If a translation of the Official Website or these Terms and Conditions is prepared in a language other than Japanese and there is any discrepancy between the Japanese language version and the translation, the contents of the Japanese language version will prevail.
Winner will be given an access to watch the
“Challenger” video shoot.
Necessary equipment to create music videos, etc.
“Challenger” MUSIC VIDEO PLAN CONTEST Organizer